Information We May Collect
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, when you or other users provide it to us when using our web properties. We may also collect personal information from affiliated companies, business partners and other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources. We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our websites:
- Our server logs may automatically collect information when you visit our sites such as your IP address, your browser type, language preference, and the date and time of your visit. This information allows us to track users’ movements around our sites, which helps us to understand user trends and to make improvements to our sites and the services we offer.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies, which may collect information to facilitate access to our web properties and to personalize your online experience. Cookies don’t offer any personally identifiable information and can be turned off and on in your browser’s preferences.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which track and record your access and interactions with our web properties, thereby enabling us to customize our services and advertisements.
- We encourage clients and users to utilize online forms for sustainability, functionality and ease of use purposes. These forms require some personal information such as your name, email address, and phone number. We require this information so that your inquiries may be responded to in an appropriate manner.
- When filling out forms on our site, the Destination Marketing Group may ask if you would like to be included in our opt-in mailing or other notification programs. These programs are periodically utilized to send you information about our products and services, or some other offering from within your community. You may opt-out of these programs at anytime.
Information Others May Collect
- We may allow third parties, such as advertising companies or aggregators, to display advertisements or other content on our websites.
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about user views or interactions with their advertisements and other content.
- City Group Marketing Inc. may offer users the ability to opt out of advertising, promotional or content targeting by third party service providers.
- If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your transactions or reservations;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Build or enhance our valued relationship with you;
- Customize the advertising and content we make available to you;
- Facilitate use of our website;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and make improvements to our web properties, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our web properties; and to,
We do not and will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
With Whom We May Share Information We Collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out of such sharing or information. We may however share your personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf or executing transactions with our users via our web properties;
- Other Destination Marketing Group web properties or affiliated companies;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you information, products, services, and promotions through our web properties or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as when complying with legal requirements, or in order to prevent fraud, and to protect the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
The Destination Marketing Group only collects information that is relevant to the products and services we offer and the products and services you use or purchase. We do not collect information indiscriminately.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
The Destination Marketing Group stores and protects personal information gathered during your transaction and usage activities in a secure database. This personal information remains available to registered users so that they can access historic data related to their transactions and site use. Additionally, this information remains available to the Destination Marketing Group for the purposes previously stated in this policy. In future, the Destination Marketing Group may further utilize the personal information collected from users if said users opt-in to Company sponsored initiatives such as a membership rewards program.
The Destination Marketing Group safely stores all online and offline records of current and past advertisers, organizations, users and members. These records are protected using a variety of security measures and shall only be accessed on a need-to-know and right-to-know basis by qualified Destination Marketing Group personnel.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features on our web properties;
- To stop receiving promotional information or content from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- To delete or decline cookies via your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services on our web properties may not function adequately;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on our web properties, by logging into your account.
Upon request,The Destination Marketing Group will make available any personal information we have collected about you and disclose how it has been used.
Security and Safeguards
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure. Credit card information is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption, which ensures that your browser scrambles data before you send it to us. Any personal information gathered by the Destination Marketing Group is stored on our secure servers housed in a state-of-the-art secure data center.
The Destination Marketing Group is committed to keeping your personal information up-to-date and accurate. If you are concerned in any way about the accuracy of your personal information stored at the Destination Marketing Group we encourage you to contact us using the information provided below.
How To Contact Us Or Challenge Compliance
The Destination Marketing Group
info @ destinationmarketinggroup.com
Other Privacy Rights
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties and affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties or affiliated companies that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party or affiliated business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. All requests must be received in writing care of the designated address provided below:
The Destination Marketing Group
2576 Jade Place
Coquitlam, British Columbia
Canada, V3E 2Z2